Terms and Conditions
Use of our site is subject to you agreeing to our Terms & Conditions of use of the website.
Use this area to read our terms and conditions of use of the site.
Please note that use of our site constitutes agreement of these “IPO Society – Terms & Conditions of Use”
PLEASE READ THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS CAREFULLY. BY ACCESSING OUR WEBSITE YOU AGREE TO BE BOUND BY THE TERMS AND CONDITIONS BELOW. IF YOU DO NOT AGREE WITH THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS, PLEASE DO NOT ACCESS THIS WEBSITE.
This website is operated by IPO Society and related body corporate (“IPO Society”) under the primary domain name IPOSociety.com.au (the “Website”).
Content means any text, materials, graphics, software, advertisements, names, logos, trademarks, share profiles, summaries, recommendations, newsletters, reports or any other form of information or advice made available to persons through the Website.
These Website terms and conditions of use are subject to change and IPO Society may at any time, in its sole discretion amend, vary or modify these terms and conditions. We will notify you of these changes by posting notices on both our public access and client access websites.
Unauthorised use of the Website and systems, including but not limited to unauthorised entry, misuse of passwords, or misuse of any information posted is strictly prohibited.
Access to the Service
- IPO Society takes all reasonable steps to ensure its systems, including hardware and software is up to date.
- You agree to be solely responsible for the installation, operation and maintenance of the hardware and software necessary to access the Website. IPO Society Website Administration takes no responsibility for the setup, compatibility or use of your own personal computer system and software. The information and advice IPO Society Website Administration is able to give you in relation to your personal computer system is strictly limited to information and advice relating to the Website.
- You are solely responsible for maintaining the secrecy and confidentiality of all identification and log-in information required to access the Website. You agree to immediately notify IPO Society if you become aware of any loss or theft or unauthorised use of your identification and log-in information.
- When you open any attachments to E-mails, or download files from our Website you should take your normal precautions to protect your system against viral infection.
- IPO Society has taken reasonable steps to ensure that the integrity of our computer networks is maintained, and that viruses are detected and eliminated. We maintain firewalls for those networks to which there is any external access, and all networks – file servers and PCs – have current versions of virus detection software. IPO Society policy is that all employees should send E-mails from unknown senders to our IT department for evaluation, and further that no .exe files be opened unless the sender is known to the recipient.
- As the recent “Melissa” virus has shown, there is a window from the initial deployment of a virus until its detection and identification when it may be passed on despite up-to-date virus detection software and other defensive measures. We are therefore unable to guarantee that files and attachments are free from contamination or other defects.
- IPO Society reserves the right to terminate your access to the Website without notice at its sole discretion for any reason whatsoever, including but not limited to the unauthorised use of your identification or log-in information or for a breach of these terms and conditions. In the event of a termination by us you agree that we shall have no liability to you.
- All disclaimers and limitations of liability by IPO Society will survive termination, however, you will no longer be authorised to access the Website.
Content & Materials
- The Content on this Website is provided for information purposes only and is provided “as is”, “as available”. While it is based on sources which IPO Society considers reliable, its timeliness, accuracy and completeness cannot be guaranteed. IPO Society, its directors, officers, employees, contractors and agents do not represent, warrant or guarantee, expressly or impliedly, that the Content contained on this Website is complete, adequate or accurate and expressly disclaim liability for errors or omissions in the Content.
- IPO Society does not accept any responsibility to inform you of any matter that subsequently comes to its notice which may affect any of the Content contained on this Website.
- Any dated information is published as of its date only, and IPO Society does not undertake any obligation or responsibility to amend or update any such information.
- Any projections are estimates only and may not be realised.
- In agreeing to these terms and conditions you agree to use the Content on this Website in relation to your individual personal investment activities and not to modify, copy, forward, sell, reproduce, disseminate, distribute, republish, frame, upload to a third party, broadcast, post, circulate, transmit or otherwise distribute Content from this Website to any other persons or use the Content for any unlawful purpose. Printing or downloading of Content from this Website is done so for personal use.
- You may not use any part of the Content on this Website to establish, maintain or provide or assist in establishing, maintaining or providing a stock market (other than one authorised by law) for trading in securities.
- The Content on this Website has not been prepared by taking into account your specific investment objectives, financial situation and particular needs. It is a general information service only and is not intended as a substitute for financial advice. You should assess whether it is appropriate in light of your own individual investment objectives, financial situation and particular needs. You should consult with one of IPO Society investment advisors before making an investment decision. If you act or fail to act upon the basis of such Content without first consulting one of our investment advisers you do so entirely at your own risk.
- Content on this Website does not constitute and must not be construed as an offer or invitation to purchase, take up or sell any securities or other financial products and should not be relied upon in connection with any contract or commitment whatsoever. Nor is it a recommendation to deal in any securities or other financial products.
- Copyright in the Content on this Website is owned or licensed by IPO Society.
- Any intellectual property rights (including without limitation copyright, trademark rights and patent rights) in the Content is and remain the exclusive property of IPO Society . All implied licenses over any intellectual property rights held by IPO Society in the Content are hereby expressly excluded.
- CME Indexes grants Data Distributor a limited, revocable, non-exclusive license to distribute the Index Values to its customer’s internal use’ provided any such customer must agree in writing or via a click-through agreement (a) it will not store, reproduce, further transmit or distribute the Index Values to any third party for commercial purposes in any type of format or by any means, including but not limited to the Internet, Intranet or other type of network and (b) to the terms and limitations respecting customers as set forth in Sections 4 and 5 of this Letter Agreement.
- The Nikkei indices are provided by Nikkei inc who are the Copyright intellectual property owner. Nikkei and IPO Society shall not be liable to visitors to the site that make any decisions or actions based on, or in reliance of the Nikkei indices.
Links to Other Sites
- The Website may contain links to other websites operated by third parties (“Third Party Websites”).
- Any links to Third Party Websites are provided only as a convenience to you for the sole purpose of directing you to sites which may contain information on topics that may be useful to you.
- You acknowledge that such Third Party Websites are not under the control of IPO Society. IPO Society makes no representations or warranties, either express or implied, concerning the content of Third Party Websites including the accuracy, timeliness, reliability, completeness or suitability of the content on these sites. Access to any link is entirely at your own risk.
- All offers to sell and statements relating to goods and services available on Third Party Websites are the responsibility of and given by the Third Party Website operator.
- IPO Society does not warrant that Third Party Websites or content are devoid of viruses, defects or other contamination or are free from any claims of copyright, trademark, or other infringement of the rights of third parties.
- IPO Society does not guarantee the authenticity of documents on the Internet.
- Links to Third Party Websites do not imply any endorsement of or responsibility for the products, services, opinions, ideas or information offered at such sites, or any representation regarding the content at such sites.
Potential Disruptions to Service
- IPO Society do not warrant or guarantee that your access to our Website or Third Party Websites will be uninterrupted or error-free.
- IPO Society will not be liable for any damage, liability, claim, expense or loss whatsoever resulting from any delay or limitation in operation or transmission, virus, malicious code, defect, communications failure, Internet access difficulties or malfunction in equipment or software.
- Access to our Website may from time to time be limited, delayed, unavailable or slow due to factors including but not limited to:
- software failure, including but not limited to configuration problems, bugs, viruses, incompatibility of systems (including incompatibility between the Website and the user’s files, browser or other site accessing program), utilities or applications, errors, the operation of any screening or firewall programs, unreadable codes, or irregularities within particular documents or other content;
- hardware failure, including but not limited to failures of computers (including you own computer), servers, networks, telecommunication lines and connections, and other electronic and mechanical equipment
- partial or total interruption of power supplies or other utilities
- overload of system capabilities;
- damage caused by explosion, mechanical breakdown, severe weather, earthquakes, wars, insurrection, riots, civil disobedience, act of God, accident, fire, water damage or natural disasters;
- strike or other partial or total stoppage of labour
- governmental or regulatory restrictions, change of law, court or tribunal orders, stock exchange rulings; or
- any other cause whatsoever beyond the control of IPO Society.
Limitation of Liability
- To the extent permitted by law, IPO Society and its respective directors, officers, employees, contractors and agents disclaim all responsibility to you for any loss, liability, claim, expense (including but not limited to legal costs and defence or settlement costs) or damage whatsoever, whether consequential, special, incidental or indirect (including but not limited to loss of profits, trading losses and damages that result from delay, loss or inconvenience) arising out of or in connection with the Content on the Website and/or any omissions from the Content whether in contract, tort (including negligence), statute or otherwise and even if IPO Society has been advised of the possibility of such damage or loss.
- Liability of IPO Society and its respective directors, officers, employees, contractors and agents for a breach of a condition or warranty implied by law or otherwise, and which cannot be excluded, is limited to the extent possible, at IPO Society option, to:
- the supply of the goods (or equivalent goods) or services again; or
- the payment of the cost of having the goods or services supplied again.
IPO Society General Disclaimer
Use this area to read our general disclaimer.
Full IPO Society Disclaimer
If you have any questions or concerns, please contact us.
This site was prepared as a private communication to clients and was not intended for public circulation or publication or for the use of any third party, without the approval of IPO Society .
While this site is based on information from sources which IPO Society considers reliable, its accuracy and completeness cannot be guaranteed.
IPO Society , its directors and employees do not accept any liability for the results of any actions taken or not taken on the basis of information in this site, or for any negligent misstatements, errors or omissions.
This site is made without consideration of any specific client’s investment objectives, financial situation or needs. Those acting upon such information without first consulting one of IPO Society ‘s investment advisors do so entirely at their own risk.
Information supplied by clients and other users of the site will be available to certain employees of IPO Society.
It is recommended that any persons who wish to act upon this site consult with a IPO Society investment advisor before doing so.
Disclosure of Interest
The Directors of IPO Society advise that they and persons associated with them may have an interest in the above securities and that they may earn brokerage, commissions, fees and other benefits and advantages, whether pecuniary or not and whether direct or indirect, in connection with the making of a recommendation or a dealing by a client in these securities, and which may reasonably be expected to be capable of having an influence in the making of any recommendation, and that some or all of our Proper Authority holders may be remunerated wholly or partly by way of commission.
Who we are
Our website address is: https://www.iposociety.com.au.
When visitors leave comments on the site we collect the data shown in the comments form, and also the visitor’s IP address and browser user agent string to help spam detection.
If you upload images to the website, you should avoid uploading images with embedded location data (EXIF GPS) included. Visitors to the website can download and extract any location data from images on the website.
If you leave a comment on our site you may opt-in to saving your name, email address and website in cookies. These are for your convenience so that you do not have to fill in your details again when you leave another comment. These cookies will last for one year.
If you visit our login page, we will set a temporary cookie to determine if your browser accepts cookies. This cookie contains no personal data and is discarded when you close your browser.
When you log in, we will also set up several cookies to save your login information and your screen display choices. Login cookies last for two days, and screen options cookies last for a year. If you select “Remember Me”, your login will persist for two weeks. If you log out of your account, the login cookies will be removed.
If you edit or publish an article, an additional cookie will be saved in your browser. This cookie includes no personal data and simply indicates the post ID of the article you just edited. It expires after 1 day.
Embedded content from other websites
Articles on this site may include embedded content (e.g. videos, images, articles, etc.). Embedded content from other websites behaves in the exact same way as if the visitor has visited the other website.
Who we share your data with
If you request a password reset, your IP address will be included in the reset email.
How long we retain your data
If you leave a comment, the comment and its metadata are retained indefinitely. This is so we can recognize and approve any follow-up comments automatically instead of holding them in a moderation queue.
For users that register on our website (if any), we also store the personal information they provide in their user profile. All users can see, edit, or delete their personal information at any time (except they cannot change their username). Website administrators can also see and edit that information.
What rights you have over your data
If you have an account on this site, or have left comments, you can request to receive an exported file of the personal data we hold about you, including any data you have provided to us. You can also request that we erase any personal data we hold about you. This does not include any data we are obliged to keep for administrative, legal, or security purposes.
Where your data is sent
Visitor comments may be checked through an automated spam detection service.